Is there anything more embarrassing than realizing you put “Street” instead of “Drive” into your GPS unit and ended up across town in a residential neighborhood, instead of at your workshop, on time?
In spite of that, and several technological difficulties, we had a fun time playing with Web 2.0 tech in the AZ State Library Workshop in Yuma on Monday May 3. Slides, links and other resources follow after the break.
- Tech: http://www.delicious.com/informationgoddess29/yuma
- Tons more tech links & articles of possible interest: http://www.delicious.com/informationgoddess29/tech4teens
- Brain & Behavior: http://www.delicious.com/informationgoddess29/brain
Dewey Decimal Programing Exercise:
- 500s – create your own bug – using scratch!
- 398.2 – recreate a fairy tale in scratch (discuss fairy tale elements)
- 500 – science experiments – you tube video
- 600 – video demo of recipe (Iron chef!)
- 700 – painting/photo contest via podcasting
- 700 How to draw – make an avatar – post in library
- 800 Hamlet on FB – make a FB page (Fiago’s podcast, text message etc)
- 900 – ancient Egypt – dance like an Egyptian – design clothing too!